Farm to Table Essential Gastronomy Experience | Basic Tour
The Costa Rican Essential Gastronomy Experience food tour in San Jose "Barrio Escalante", will take you into the heart of traditional Costa Rican cuisine, as each dish is prepared with fresh products that are all sourced from ingredients grown within the country. We will explain to you the concept of each local dish, as well as the modern twist they have added to the country's food scene with each of their restaurants.
- Minimum 2 People
- Last minute? contact us anyway, sometimes we can do magic. (It depends on restaurant's availability and minimum 2 people)
At all restaurants and coffee shop, you will be welcomed by the chef, manager or owner (or meet them at the end) as they explain to you what goes into preparing the signature dishes and drinks hand-crafted by each proprietor. Guide will translate when necessary.
The restaurants for this tour were chosen due to their local food-sustainable concept and innovation with traditional Costa Rican cuisine. You will consume fresh, locally sourced organic greens and vegetables during the tour.
The tour includes only natural drinks, you can buy alcoholic beverages if you wish during the tour.
This is a walking tour. Walking time between restaurants take less than 10 min.
Tour last 3,5 hours approx.
If you have food allergies please let us know in advance to make adjustments.
The tour can start at 12 pm during the weekends and at 3pm during the week. (If you are booking a private tour we can be flexible)
We will make 3 stops while we walk through Escalante neighborhood.
For 12:00 Tour:
- First stop: 3 starters + a natural drink.
- Second stop: 1 starter + main dish + soft drink + dessert.
- Third stop: Coffee workshop (1 hour experience) + 4 coffee tastings + an appetizer.
For 15:00 tour:
- First stop: Coffee workshop (1 hour experience) + 4 coffee tastings + appetizer
- Second stop: 3 starters + a natural drink.
- Third stop: 1 starters + main dish + soft drink + dessert.
What is included?
- 1 workshops (coffee)
- 6-course tasting menu
- 6 drinks
- English-speaking guide
- Visit to 3 restaurants
- Private reservations at each restaurant
What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes.
- Umbrella, if you see it is cloudy or during the rainy season.
Meeting point: Laitud Yoses Tower, we will send you the address by email if you need. We can pick you up at your hotel for an extra fee.
Please contact us to book transportation.
Prices per person based on minimum 2 people, if you are 5+ people we can give you a group discount. (Doesn't apply for promotions)
This tour is just offered on private reservation, to book contact us or email us to: email@example.com (We will check availability and confirm in less than 24 hours)
Last minute booking? Lets give it a try! If guides and restaurants are available then we are good to go!
We are on WhatsApp: +506-8844-4301 (you can call or sms anytime)
We take payment via WeTravel secured platform:
US/CA/UK Bank Transfer (No Fee)
Credit card (2,9% fee) /AMEX (3,9%)
- To confirm your booking we will ask you for a deposit per person via WeTravel or you can pay the total amount if you prefer.
- All tours must be booked and paid at least 48 hours in advance. (We are flixible with this if we have last minute availability)
- If you cancel 24 hours or less before the tour, you will not be refunded. (We can schedule a different date or create a voucher open for 1 year)
- No show, will not be refunded.
- Last minute cancelations will not be refunded.