Farm to Table Premium Experience | Full Tour
Our Farm-To-Table Food Tour in San Jose "Barrio Escalante", will take you into the heart of traditional Costa Rican cuisine, as each dish is prepared with fresh products that are all sourced from ingredients grown within the country. We will explain to you the concept of each local dish, as well as the modern twist they have added to the country's food scene with each of their restaurants.
- Minimum 2 People ($135 per person)
- 1 Person ($165)
- Last minute? contact us anyway, sometimes we can do magic. (It depends on restaurant's availability)
At all restaurants, coffee shops and cocktail rooms, you will be welcomed by the chef, manager or owner (or meet them at the end) as they explain to you what goes into preparing the signature dishes and drinks hand-crafted by each proprietor. Guide will translate when necessary.
The restaurants for this tour were chosen due to their farm-to-table concept and innovation with traditional Costa Rican cuisine. You will consume mostly fresh, locally sourced organic greens and vegetables during the tour.
The tour has several alcoholic drinks, so please advise if you will be drinking natural juice or non-alcoholic drinks instead.
This is a walking tour. Walking time between restaurants take less than 10 min.
Tour last 4,5 hours approx.
If you have food allergies please let us know in advance to make adjustments.
The tour has two schedules: for lunch starting at 12:00 and for dinner starting at 16:00
We will make 4 stops while we walk through Escalante neighborhood.
For 12:00 Tour:
- First stop: 2 medium size starters, a drink and a digestive.
- Second stop: 1 starter + main dish + an artisan beer/wine or soft drink + dessert.
- Third stop: Coffee workshop + 3 coffee tastings + digestive + an appetizer.
- Fourth stop: Mixology workshop by mixologist (World Class Mixologists) + 1 cocktail made with local liqueur.
For 16:00 tour:
- First stop: Coffee workshop + 3 coffee tastings (include digestive) + appetizer
- Second stop: 2 small starters + a drink.
- Third stop: 1 starters + main dish + a beer/wine or soft drink + dessert + digestive.
- Fourth stop: 1 cocktail prepared with local liqueur + a workshop by a mixologist (World Class Mixologists)
Digestives are small sweet cocktails, it has liqueur.
What is included?
- 2 workshops (coffee and mixology)
- 6-course tasting menu
- 7 drinks (spirits included)
- English-speaking guide
- Visit to 4 restaurants
What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes.
- Umbrella, if you see it is cloudy or during the raining season.
Meeting point: Laitud Yoses Tower, we will send you the address by email if you need. We can pick you up at your hotel for an extra fee.
Please contact us to book transportation.
Prices per person based on minimum 2 people, if you are 2+ people we can give you a group discount. (Doesn't apply for promotions)
This tour is just offered on private reservation, to book contact us or email us to: email@example.com (We will check availability and confirm in less than 24 hours)
Last minute booking? Lets give it a try! If guides and restaurants are available then we are good to go!
We are on WhatsApp: +506-8844-4301 (you can call or sms anytime)
We take payment via WeTravel secured platform:
US/CA/UK Bank Transfer (No Fee)
Credit card (2,9% fee) /AMEX (3,9%)
- To confirm your booking we will ask you to deposit $50 per person via WeTravel or you can pay the total amount if you prefer.
If you pay only the deposit amount, you can pay the rest via credit card or cash the day of the tour.
- All tours must be booked and paid at least 48 hours in advance.
- If you cancel 24 hours or less before the tour, you will not be refunded.
- No show, will not be refunded.