Latin American Flavors | Foodie Tours
Our guided 'Latin American Flavors' Foodie Tour in Barrio Amon, San Jose, will allow you to taste traditional Latin American cuisine prepared with fresh products. You will try typical dishes and drinks from all over Latin America, taking your palate from Mexico to Peru without leaving the historic Amon neighborhood where beautiful Victorian architecture provides the perfect setting for this charming tour.
Our chefs will explain you the concept of each dish, as well as the vision and the ideology of their restaurants.
- Minimum 2 People
At all restaurants, coffee shops and cocktail rooms, you will be welcomed by the chef, manager or owner as they explain to you what goes into preparing the signature dishes and drinks hand-crafted by each proprietor.
The restaurants for this tour were chosen due to their Latin American roots; featuring a variety of dishes emblematic to their countries. All dishes also boast slow food, farm-to-table concepts. You will consume mostly fresh, locally sourced organic greens and vegetables during the tour.
The tour starts at 11:30 a.m. and lasts approximately 4 hours.
We will make 4 stops while we walk through the Amon neighborhood.
- First stop: 3 medium size starters, a drink and a digestif.
- Second stop: We will have an appetizer and a light cocktail.
- Third stop: 2 starters, main dish, an exotic drink or wine and digestif.
- Fourth stop: Coffee workshop, 3 coffee tastings and a dessert.
The tour has several alcoholic drinks, so please advise if you rather have natural juices or other non-alcoholic beverages.
What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes.
- Umbrella, if you see it is cloudy or during the raining season.
- Sunscreen if it is too sunny
What is included?
- 6-course tasting menu
- 7 drinks (spirits included)
- English-speaking guide
- Visit to 4 restaurants
This is a walking tour. Walk time between restaurants will always be less than 10 minutes.
Meeting point: Parque Morazan at "Templo de la Música" But remember that we can pick you up at your hotel for an extra fee, please contact us to book transportation.
If you have food allergies please let us know in advance to make adjustments. (Important)
This tour is just offered on private reservation, price per person, to book please contact us or email us to: email@example.com
We are on WhatsApp: +506-8844-4301
- All tours must be booked and paid at least 48 hours in advance.
- If you cancel 24 hours or less before the tour, you will not be refunded.
- No show, will not be refunded.